Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Kennedy Kids

I just wanted to say to my children in the blog format, how great I think they all are. I could not be prouder most moments of how well you guys are doing and all the fantastic things you are and accomplish. The greatest thing is as a parent, my main goal and aspiration in life is to have worthy, good people grow up from the children Mommy and I raise and I know you are all still young, but you are all doing so well.

Ethan, Mommy's whole post about going to the temple was such a good representation of how we feel as parents about you going to the temple. I have said this in about three meetings I have spoken in since we went, how happy and grateful I am that you are willing, able and worthy to go to the temple. I have always feared for my children with the terrible problems in the world and the general bad attitudes of youth in the world. As much as Mommy and I and many leaders over the years have taught you, you are still the one who in all the choices you have made, you have had to choose the right. I am so grateful you have made good choices which have led you to this point in your life, where you have finished your first year of college with good grades, kept firm to the failth and lived worthily, fulfilled a calling and done your home teaching while away from home and now you are willing to go on a mission, worthy to do so and worthy and desirous to go to the temple. Mommy and I love the temple and that you feel good and love it too is so awesome. I cannot say how grateful I am to you for you being such a good example to the kids you know in college and how you have spent the last nine months being faithful to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know sometimes I am hard on you guys as kids but know I love you more than anything else in the world and the person you are becoming is someone we are so happy and proud of. I count it a privilige to have had the chance to be your Dad and I appreciate the goodness in your life.

Mark, you are away this weekend but will be home this evening. You are the second brother but are making such a great way for yourself. You are friendly, upbeat and have such a great attitude. I know we get on you about organization and such but you still are making steady progress towards good grades in school, going to college and a mission. I am so glad that you are choosing the right and that you are avoiding the pitfalls that so many youth have problems with. I think it is great how respectful of Tomiko you are and even though you have a girlfriend you guys have a friendly relationship without taking it too far and seriously. I am proud of you and the great musician you are, I think it is great you are such a good singer and I think you have been robbed the last two years from getting parts in the musicals. I will never forget the great job you did as the Artful Dodger in Oliver. Keep trying to get organized and make lists and you will eventually be more organized. I have to say I really admire how on time you are to things and I think you are doing great that way.

Johannah, you did such a good job in "The Forbidden Planet". I have to say I was so impressed with your wonderful singing, your awesome acting and the way you owned that stage. I know it may seem funny but one of my favorite parts was when you were singing "Here it comes" and you were in center stage and everyone on the stage was mimicking your movements. I also really liked when you walked around the auditorium with Prospero singing. Everyone was focused on you as they should have been. I was amazed with only the private practicing you have done how well you knew your lines and the songs. You are smart and self motivated and good and we are so happy you are such a great girl! I know it is hard to always be patient and kind to others but keep trying, you will get it.

Glo, what can I say, you are so cute and our little friend. I am thankful you always want me to sing a squeaky song and that you let us kiss you and pick you up. You are smart and I loved the fiddle playing you did the other day. I love how talented you are. Please have patience with us and know we love you. You also are a great baseball player. What an arm and what good catching. We love you Glo.

Words cannot describe the good feelings I have for my children, but I hope these few words will let them know how much I care.

Love,

Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks Daddy. I was so happy when you guys came to two of the performances. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete