Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rang, cutie kitty


Rang is our oldest and smallest cat of all three. He weighs in around 7-9 pounds, and he is the skinniest, little thing. He loves soft blankets, and head rubs. His nickname is Baby Smoug because when he lays down, he looks like a little dragon. He has the most brilliant, bright, green eyes I've ever seen on a cat. His tail has a small. black tip, that lashes around knocking things off the desk when I'm on the computer. His purr can be heard from across a thirty foot stretch, and he purrs often, when he first lays down. Ranger loves the outdoors. He spends entire days and nights outside, and we may see him once or twice. When he isn't outside, he is usually curled up on the blankets on the chair in the family room, on the throne in the living room, or in my room, curled up on my large, microfleece blue blanket or my microfleece green blanket. Rang is the most adorable cat in the world. He comes in every morning at 6:30-6:45 and jumps on my bed, then to my pillow where he usually resides until I come home from school. After I come home, he comes downstairs, makes me pet him for about 15 minutes, then he goes outside, until the next morning. On Saturdays he will come in at the beginning of the night and sleep on my pillow, until I wake up in the morning. He will then proceed to knock my book out of my hand, or purr right next to my ear until I give up and pet him. I love petting him, his fur is so soft and smooth. I also love smelling him after he comes inside, because he smells like the woods. He smells like moss, and trees, and dirt.

Being the smallest can have its advantages, and its disadvantages. The advantages are he can easily fit into small spaces, and he takes up less room on my pillow, allowing me to actually rest my head there. The disadvantage is that he is picked on by the other two cats. Our family has made it a priority to protect him, and we put the other cats outside when he is being bullied. For this I am very grateful. Rang can protect himself when need be
, but he always comes out with a few scratches. Rang is also the most high-strung of our cats, which is probably how he survives in the woods. Scout and Jake's weight allow them an advantage, but Ranger's high-strunedgness allows him to escape.

Every day, I love coming home to Ranger, because he makes every day seem better. He comforts me when I'm sad, and he is there anyways when I'm happy. Ranger is the bright spot of my day, and I wouldn't change a thing about him. He is the perfect cat just the way he is, and I love him more than any animal I've ever owned.

3 comments:

  1. Hannah, You and Ranger are made for each other. The funny thing is that you didn't originally find him. Remember how he came to be in our family? I had sent Ethan to the butcher's in our village for schwank for dinner. He came home without the schwank (the butcher's was already closed), but he came home with Ranger. I remember he walked in our home (following Ethan), hopped up on a pillow on the couch and made himself comfortable. Little did we know then how much you would come to love him.

    Too, I think it speaks volumes when you hold him and talk about him dying someday. It's such a sad thing to see you start crying about it when he's still alive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Range, he is such a cute kitty. He acts like a friendly dragon too because while he curls up like Smaug he is also very intelligent and that is probably why he gets picked on by the other cats. They are bigger but less smart and so they envy the cute smart kitty who is Range. I love Range and am so happy he makes my Tomato Girl so happy. We love you Hanni!

    ReplyDelete