Thursday, August 12, 2010

Beware the white stripe!

So, at Interlochen, Mommy, Mark, Glo and I went to see Aida. Now, Aida is a fairly long musical and went on for about 2 and a half hours. By that time, it was 9:30, and also lights out at Intermediate Girls. I ran back to division to find it deserted! I walked to my cabin, checking headquarters and any other cabins to try and find SOMEONE! I entered my cabin, to find one of my friends sitting on her bunk, all alone, and sick. She told me everyone else was at Final Campfire and asked f I would stay with her until everyone else returned. I said yes because I couldn't believe everyone else had just left her! After talking a while, she asked if I would go to the Infirmary with her to get her asthma medicine. Now having spent about ten years of my life afraid of the dark, I wasn't going to send her out there on her own! So we started walking...

Now a popular conversation topic before bed i usually...dreams. So we started talking about our dreams. So, she started talking first. Now it was pitch dark outside, and my friend is kind of short. So at one point when I looked over at her, I was also looking down. Then suddenly I saw movement below her, and I saw a back blob walking about two feet away from her, but walking with us. Then I saw it. The white stripe marking the black blob as a... SKUNK!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH IT'S A SKUNK!!!!!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So then we ran back to our cabin, screaming, probably disturbing the whole camp! Finally, we made it safely back, and sat there exclaiming how close we were to a skunk! Our mission was not complete though... she still needed her medicine. So we braved the skunk(if you can call walking really fast, and then finding some people and asking them where to go brave) and reached the infirmary. Then sprinting back to the cabin! Yay!! We made it! And now I have finally seen a skunk! The morale of the story, don't go traipsing out in the woods at 9:30 at night or the skunk will getcha!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I can't even imagine. That is so crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is this an actual picture of your skunk Hanni or is this a file photo from the internet?

    ReplyDelete