Remember this sad photo?I had 2 captions for it:
"Life, as it is," and
"The new normal"
Well, today I dressed myself up in the same clothes, and took a new photo.

Even though I now have a boot, it's only to stabilize and protect my ankle when I am "out and about". At home, I take it off and keep my foot elevated. (When I don't elevate it, you should see the fantastic shades of blue and purple my foot turns!) I'm still not allowed to put any weight on it--hence, the scooter is still in the photo--but what joy to be out of that cast! I haven't taken a single narcotic since it came off, and I can sleep in a bed again!
When Mark told me that I looked too angry in the above photo, he caught my reaction:

Personally, I think this photo best represents how I feel now:

It was taken at Hannah's birthday party. I did find out that I need another surgery. One pin needs to be removed. I must say that it took a bit of the air out of my balloon, but I'm trying to see it as one more step in the healing process, yes?
What a beautiful happy looking Mommy we have now. We are all so happy you are feeling better and that the pain is going away, that darn cast. You are the heart of our home and when you feel bad it is really disorienting and disconcerting to all of us, I feel like my world is turned upside down. Those pictures, especially the one with an intense face made me laugh. We love you Mommy!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you that you are recovering so well! I can see in your face that the burden is starting to lift! :)
ReplyDeleteOh Larisa, you are so beautiful and I love you wonderful smile! I'm glad you're out of the cast and hope that things continue to go well for your recovery.
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to see that the recovery process is coming along nicely for you. The last photo of you is absolutely beautiful.. beautiful woman, heart, and smile. That color is great on you. I like the last picture much better than the first!!
ReplyDelete