Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Gratitude for Distractions

Today is just coming to a close, and so ends our first day back at Interlochen. I'm so thankful to be here. It feels good to be thinking about somebody other than myself and PAIN for a change. The kids seem great, although they are a little worse for wear.

Mark looked like some monster from Sesame Street with his hair so long. It didn't help that he was still gelling it and spiking it. I had to laugh when I first saw him, and I didn't even need to say anything--he was laughing about it with me. Too, he had tried to grow a beard over the last six weeks--the peach fuzz wasn't attractive. Needless to say, he let me drag him to a barber and give him a razor. He was back to his fine-looking self, just in time for his date with a most beautiful violinist he met at church.

Hannah was waiting for the laundry service to return clean uniforms back to her. So when I found her, she was wearing a fleece (in 85 degree weather) to cover up the ice cream stains on her shirt from the day before, and on closer inspection, I discovered some other food products on her shorts. I checked her out of camp, brought her back to our house (straight from the pages of a Pottery Barn catalog, Mark said), hooked her up with my computer and Facebook (she couldn't have been happier), and washed her clothes.

Like I said, it's good to be a mom again.

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny. I am sure they were glad when you pulled into town! :) Hope it's a great time again!

    ReplyDelete