Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hello from College Boy!

Hey! So this is like my second post since getting here almost two weeks ago, which is INSANE to think about! I'm having a great time here, and classes are good, albeit nothing like the high school classes I took. I am actually taking notes for once!
As for extracurricular activities, everything is awesome. My roommate and I went to an optional Ultimate Frisbee workout yesterday, and it actually went really really well. It was mostly running, learning some basic flicks, and working on our lower body muscles. Hey Mark, did you know that you need to step into a forward flick, and that the way to play defense in Ultimate is to force the field?? Basically you make sure that the person you're guarding can only throw a specific half of the field, so that your team doesn't have to guard the other half. Yeah, I learned a lot, to say the least. Also, yesterday were choir auditions, and I went with Bobby and Dan. We all definitely got into AU Chorus, which means we're going to be in at least one choir, and I may have gotten into the Chamber Singers group! It's like a group of thirty people, and I really, really want to get in. So cross your fingers! I find out Friday.
I hope everybody is doing great, and I'll call you in the next couple days. Love you guys!
Ethan

2 comments:

  1. This is Mark, sorry.

    That ultimate frisbee thing sounds awesome dude! Sorry dude, but I did know you have to step forward into a forward flick, but the idea to block half the field is new to me! Im sure you're way good at it already! also,a bit of advice from me to you; actually, a way to get away from the blocking half the field is to pivot on one foot, and curve around the person blocking you in order to be able to throw to the other side of the field. Plus, cause you have such long legs, you can really pivot around the person and reach around them way easier. It works really well! but hey, I really hope you get into the Chamber Singers. If you don't, I'll be really mad too, but hey, you're an All-State singer; you can do it! Love you brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheese, Daddy here. Thanks for the update. We are glad to hear from you and to know you are doing ok. We love you.

    Love,

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete