
Ethan is officially living in Washington DC now. It was a whirlwind weekend of moving, driving, parking (on campus!), meeting friends, driving some more, eating out, visiting the temple, and saying good-bye. We are all in denial, I think, about Ethan being gone. It feels like he is still here because some of his stuff is still here. I like to think that he left out the box for Tikal just so I could be reminded of him (and not because he was a derelict and forgot to put it away!) I think there will be some tears from me over the next few days, and I think the three remaining kids are going to have to figure out their new roles (word to the wise Mark: conversing with me will always keep you on my good side, and thanks for taking the dogs for a walk :-)) We'll work it out, and as Daddy says, we can always use the excuse that we need to go to the temple when really we just need to see Ethan.
P.S. Ethan didn't want me taking a single picture of the whole moving-in process, so I just had to make do with what I had. Don't you wish now, Ethan, that you had let me take just one picture this weekend? :-)
Daddy here again, yup, here we are looking at baby Cheese and feeling like crying again. I am so glad I am looking at the Family Blog. I love my family just the way they are, with me and Mommy in the house, with the dogs and the cats and the garden and the yard and I do not need anything else. Now the Cheese is gone and all the other kids are growing up every second. I am getting teary eyed as I say this. I love you all very much and we will miss the Cheese even though he is only a temple trip away. Love, Daddy
ReplyDelete