Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ten Reasons why I will miss my family

1. I will miss the competitive spirit that comes with being a Kennedy, and the awesome games of Siedler, Candamir, and Tikal, to name but a few.
2. I will miss the spirit of love that we have in our household, the feeling that no matter what is going wrong outside of the house, everyone loves us at home.
3. I will, of course, miss our four dogs and three cats, because we aren't allowed pets in the dorms (except for fish, and let's be honest, fish don't quite compare with four dogs and three cats).
4. I will miss the excellent cooking provided by my mother. While the cafeteria is very nice, and offers a wide selection of foods, there is nothing quite like homemade food, and Mommy provides some of the best.
5. I will miss the close relationship I have with Mark, the kind of relationship where together, we're both much more fun to be around than when we're alone. It'll be so weird to not always go to stuff with him, and I'm really going to miss that.
6. I will miss the example Daddy sets for me. It's incredible to listen to him speak at church, and listen to his testimony, and I'm so grateful to him for that.
7. I will miss noticing the similarities between Johannah and myself, and becoming closer to her as an older brother. More and more we're able to talk about a bunch of stuff, like books we've read or things that are going on in the world, and that's something really cool that I wish we had had more of.
8. I will miss Glo because of the sweetheart that she is, and for all of the wonderful laughs she brings into our house. Glo is a wonderful little sister, and I can't wait to see her as she grows up.
9. I will miss the conversations I can have with Mommy, ranging from the corruption among the politicians in our government to the latest news on the North Korea situation.
10. I will miss the "This is what we do" moments, anything from coming home from a PMEA festival ad working in the garden, to coming home off a trip and cleaning the entire house. Those are the moments when I really feel the bond we have together as a family, and those are what I'm going to miss the most.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, seriously, if I could see through my tears right now, I might be able to post something worthwhile. We will miss you terribly, Cheeser, for so many reasons. I think we've spent our lives preparing for the day that you would leave, but I find that I feel more unprepared for it now than ever before. Remember who you are and remember who you want to become, and we will be praying for you everyday. Remember too that you can always call home! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone else check this blog except for Mommy and me? I would just like to point out that this is going to be one of the best ways to find out what's up with me in college!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, here I am under my Markie Boy pseudonym. I am getting a sad headache. Thanks Cheese for being a person who even at age 18 knows how much we love you and are going to miss you and you appreciate the home you come from. We sure have been trying to make it a place to be. We love you. Love, Daddy

    ReplyDelete