Mark has been non-stop yo-yoing for the summer. It all started right before he left for Interlochen. Thinking that he wouldn't have time to use his yo-yo, he didn't bring it to Interlochen. Then, while shopping for a care package for him, I found one at a store and sent it to him. Turned out that there were several yo-yo nerds at Interlochen, and Mark upped his yo-yo game while there.
A few days ago, he had sold enough compasses to order a new, fancy-schmanzy one. It came today, and you better believe I held everything over his head before I gave it to him (I had used my debit card to pay for it online, so I had a bit of leverage). Tonight, after cleaning his room and bathroom, I let him open it. If it weren't for his girlfriend calling him, he would still be standing behind me, working on all of his yo-yo tricks. (And yes, the yo-yo is actually spinning in the photo.)
What a mommy, supporting the yoyo habit, awesome. When I was a wee lad, I loved yoyos too. In those days the only yoyos were two flat discs, and I tried to use regular string and it did not work right. My tricks were sleeping the yoyo, walk the dog, around the world and making a triangle for the yoyo to spin in. Mark has far surpassed my abilities, but I was the first Kennedy to seek out the power of the yource.
ReplyDelete