Sunday, December 13, 2009

Charity, and the lack thereof, is just fine with me

Today is day five of our Germany trip. We went to church, and I appreciated that I have a calling on Sundays. I could hardly stay awake through the three hours just sitting there. I guess if the teachers had been more stimulating, I would have enjoyed it more. zzzz....zzzz....zzzz....

Of course, today of all days, there is bad weather in State College. Why do I care? Because my kids are driving to Newark today to catch their plane to Frankfurt. Honestly, I wouldn't have had any worries about it at all. Ethan is an EXCELLENT driver and has far more driving experience than many adults. However, people at church somehow found out about the kids leaving today and got all in our business.

We got a call from Ethan about an hour ago, and the bishop and the high priests' group leader, a hateful man, felt that the kids shouldn't be driving themselves. For some reason that I am unable to pull out of my psyche, this drives me up the wall. The plans were made, I know what my kids are capable of, but now, a very wonderful man (the only "up" side to all of this) is driving four hours, one way, to take my kids to the airport. Forget about all of the plans that we made with parking arrangements, dog arrangements, timetables, everything. Because John and I are gone, other people step in and take over our kids' lives. Mind you, none of these people gives a crap about us any other time. I think all of this is because the bishop's daughter, Holly, is watching our dogs that the bishop cares at all.

I appreciate that my kids will have a better chance of living because of the beast of an SUV in which my kids will be riding. However, I don't appreciate people getting in my business.

Am I venting? Yes. Am I extremely upset? Yes.

What hypocrites.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Larisa, that would bother me so much! Just from your summary it sure sounds like they have a little too much "charity". I can't imagine taking over someone's plans like that without being wanted. Hope all goes well on your trip. I didn't realize the kids were joining you guys-fun!
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt stressed about your kids getting here safely; so I know it must have been terrible for you! I'm glad that everyone is here now and that things worked out.

    ReplyDelete