Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Laufen durch Deutschland


Guten Tag. Heute ich bin durch Deutschland gelaufen. I ran from the Moran's house, through town, across a big field and down a path that lead to a valley path, that lead to a river, that eventuelle led to a Wasserfallen. It was a great run, then I ran/walked up a Fussweg that was supposed to last 40 minutes in about 15 and as I was walking up I thought I heard a boom box in town. I looked around and I realized I was hearing the beating of my heart against my chestwall. It really sounded like a boom box in the distance. So I walked up the hill, out of the valley and then back to the house through running around town. It was a great run. I have always loved laufen durch Deutschland. It is always so peaceful. There is no one and no cars around. Occasionally I will see an old person walking with or without their dog. Today while running I saw two of the German mini deer. They are the size of a big dog. I also saw a group of people cutting trees down near the river. It was so peaceful and beautiful with the snow lightly falling from the sky into the forest with the winter air all around. It is nothing like running in America with all the road running we have to do. Cars and development everywhere. Anyway, we are having a great time in Germany. I feel a little insecure. I usually have time to talk to Mama and spend alone time with her and we have not had much of that but other than that, we are having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment