Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Some reasons why I adore Germany...


1. The toy stores are amazing. We don't even visit the toy section at Target at home, but here in Germany, they are full of the most wonderful things. Wooden toys, games, puzzles.

2. The food is amazing. Tonight, we had our first authentic German meal since we've been here. No italian pizza, no Turkish kebaps. Schnitzel, spaetzle, salat and brot (with a cup of lard on the side).

3. I love the cars. You can't throw a stone without hitting an Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Volkswagen or Volvo. Plus, the cars have special European additions that aren't allowed in the US that make them look super cool.

4. I love speaking German. In Poland, when I couldn't understand someone, I would naturally begin speaking German. It rolls off the tongue easily.

5. Have I mentioned the food?

6. I love the houses here. Built out of concrete and cement, they aren't going anywhere. They are solid as rocks.

7. Spaghetti eis is to die for. Despite the fact that it's been near freezing everyday, we could eat that fantastic ice cream confection non-stop.

8. Germany is home. Despite how bad of a mood I was in this morning (my allergies are driving me up the wall), we all still feel such comfort being here. Familiar surroundings that deliver wonderful memories of good times and even better friends.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree ore. Those are why I love Germany. You always have a great time no matter what state you're in!

    ReplyDelete